New agents should focus on the core aspects of the job that they will be performing day-in and day-out (not fretting about the technology they’ll be using). Some of the aspects of the job warranting particular emphasis are:
1. Has the agent learned the characteristics of the product?
2. Is the agent ready to successfully communicate with customers and sell the product over the telephone?
3. Does the agent have the potential to become a well-rounded, positive employee?
4. Will the agent contribute to the well-being and success of the call center or department?
5. Does the agent understand the standards he is expected to meet?