Here are a few steps call center supervisors must take to ensure their new agents become acclimated to their new environment.
1. Pair each new agent with a veteran agent.
2. Encourage new agents to monitor veteran agents before starting their jobs, and periodically during the shift.
3. Stay away from the new agent in the beginning so they can find comfort without being concerned about their supervisor’s responses.
4. Provide feedback and monitoring updates frequently.
5. Teach presentation stances.
6. Keep new agents positive.
7. Explain failure.
8. Don’t assume the new agent knows what you know.
9. Appoint veteran agents as team captains.