Here are some general guidelines for making costumes an effective motivational tool in the call center:
- Don’t wear costumes all of the time, or agents will become too accustomed to it.
- Invite your agents to join you in wearing costumes.
- Wear costumes for a purpose. Perhaps there is a team contest.
- Perhaps it’s humorous motivation to keep agents compelled to perform. Have a purpose around your costumes.
- Present prizes and awards based on the various themes of costumes.
- Use costumes to increase spirit.
- Do not be afraid to become the character that matches your costume.